How to Compute Content Marketing and advertising ROI. Posted by NewsCred. Obtain from SlideShare In spite of a massive surge in adoption of content material …
Ads by WOW Trk
How to Calculate Content Marketing ROIHow to Calculate Content Marketing ROI. Posted by NewsCred. Download from SlideShare http://adf.ly/1MDQfJ
Despite a huge surge in adoption of content marketing, many marketers still struggle to communicate and calculate the ROI of their programs internally. Some executives still view content as “just the latest trend” in marketing and don’t see the business value in providing useful, relevant and consistent content for their customers and prospects. Therefore, content marketers need to be able to measure their programs with things that have a quantifiable value they can take to the bank.
Transcript of "How to Calculate Content Marketing ROI"
1. How to Calculate Content Marketing ROI
2. Despite a huge surge in adoption of content marketing, measuring the business impact of content is complicated.
3. HOW DO I CALCULATE CONTENT MARKETING ROI? Is the most common question we hear from marketers struggling to build their own business case internally. “ ”
4. Many are plagued by their inability to measure the eﬀectiveness of their content initiatives...
5. but they’re measuring too narrowly...
6. and vanity metrics such as “likes” and “views” aren’t enough on their own merit.
7. Marketers need to be able to measure things that have a quantiﬁable value that they can take to the bank.
8. In this guide, we’ll map out how to calculate the impact of content across the business and the recommended metrics to benchmark your content initiatives.
9. TABLE OF CONTENTS BUILD THE BUSINESS CASE FIND THE BUDGET MEASURE THE BUSINESS CASE BRAND AWARENESS BRAND HEALTH CONVERSIONS YOU NEVER WOULD HAVE REACHED
10. PART 1 BUILD THE BUSINESS CASE
11. All marketing spend should be tied to quantiﬁable results the sales team and executives can understand.
12. Knowing the costs and ROI of other marketing departments will also help benchmark your content marketing program and see how to stack up in comparison.
13. If you’re not sure what metrics to ask for, here are some to get you started: Conversion rate Average deal size Marketing-generated pipeline Marketing-generated opportunities Marketing-generated deals Marketing-generated revenue Average cost per lead Customer acquisition cost Marketing % of customer acquisition cost Time to payback customer acquisition cost Cost per registration (content or events) Cost per sale
15. Sometimes it can be diﬃcult for companies to carve out suﬃcient budget to fund new content marketing programs.
17. But we can ﬁnd this budget if we look in the right places. (which is probably not here)
18. First, we need to have a solid understanding of your organization’s current content costs and utilization.
19. Every organization creates content, so start with calculating those content costs.
22. Next, we need to understand how much of your content actually gets used.
23. 60-70% OF CONTENT GOES COMPLETELY UNUSED ON AVERAGE,
24. REMEMBER, CONTENT THAT GETS CREATED, BUT NEVER USED IS WASTE. 100%
26. How much your organization is wasting on unused content Amount that gets used Current content production costs
28. Next, we need to look at opportunity costs from under-performing digital assets
29. We know customers are tuning out advertising…
31. In fact, you’re more likely to be struck by lightening than click a banner ad. Source: Business Insider, 2011
32. Asking for a small percentage of a larger advertising budget for short-lived campaigns is a good place to start looking for budget donations.
33. Finally, approach budgeted teams with a partnership opportunity.
35. PART 3 MEASURE THE BUSINESS CASE BRAND AWARENESS BRAND HEALTH CONVERSIONS
36. PART 3 WE CAN DO THIS A FEW DIFFERENT WAYS BRAND AWARENESS BRAND HEALTH CONVERSIONS MEASURE THE BUSINESS CASE
37. BRAND AWARENESS BRAND HEALTH CONVERSIONS BRAND AWARENESS BUSINESS CASE 1
38. In other words, how many of your early-stage prospects are ﬁnding their way to your company website? BRAND AWARENESS BRAND HEALTH CONVERSIONS
40. Search traﬃc your site receives from keywords that never mention your brand name or products. BRAND AWARENESS BRAND HEALTH CONVERSIONS WHAT TO MEASURE PAID VS. ORGANIC SEARCH TRAFFIC UNBRANDED ORGANIC SEARCH TRAFFIC ORGANIC SEARCH SHARE OF VOICE The percentage of online conversations in your space that include your brand. Search traﬃc your site receives from paid search advertisements versus traﬃc due to a high organic search ranking.
Make sure to subscribe to my channel if you liked the video!
Music Supplied by Tobu:
Artist Name: Tobu: Melodic house
Video link: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=IhchfhxvPKI&index=3&list=PLh20etxT5UeqvSKaC3E6vANHxKjRqG5RS